...I come crawling back to this blog in times of necessary ranting and storytelling. (on a side note, are dungbeetles even found in Africa? or do they live in some uncharted (aka. generic (ooh look, nested parentheses!)) area of South America? meh.) I am well aware that it's been over a month since I last updated this blog; and beyond that, that I totally skipped over the momentous events of my nineteenth birthday, my one-year-anniversary of my arrival here (oh imagine what a fit of shits and giggles that would've been!), and the entirety of my summer semester with a less than lackluster professor and annoying [ANNOYING] classmates.
But what is done is done, and we must let bygones be bygones for they have gone by. Allow me, therefore, to pick up from where I am right now in my actual life, and subject all of you to a deluge of (just like my first few posts, yay!) kuwentos about my academic life.
Presenting, with little ado, the stories from my first 2 weeks of FALL 2009!
ok, lesse, for funsies, let's give these little segments titles.
1. overload kung overload!
after having been subject to the astronomical tuition fees for non-california resident students the past 3.5 semesters, I've finally been reclassified as a resident, and now have to pay soooo much less per unit of education. Granted, there's the bit of the Alanis Morisette snag that happened with the increase of tuition fees from 20$ per unit to 26$, but still, it beats a couple hundred dollars! Just imagine, my tuition fee for this fall semester is cheaper than my 5 units of summer class!
...and why is that so astonishing you say? It's because, this semester, I'm overloading to the max: say hello to my suicidesem of 29 units! Yes, that's right, 25+4, 30-1, f'(x) where f(x)=29x! And all of that cheaper than 5 units on a non-resident tuition! hahaha! Hopefully, this huge academic load will, aside from making me a smarter person (hehe), make me be in the company of people more so I can bitch and moan harder, since the 29 units are bound to make me a littttttle bit more irritable. Oh, the pains I go through to feed this blog-mind.
Then again, 29 units could and would obviously make me all the more busy and less able to update this thing as frequently. Oh well, I guess I will just have to be a slave to my catharses.
2. Doozo Yoroshiku, and Anata watashido butades.
Among those 29 units that I am taking, 5 are for my honors Japanese class. Yep, honors Japanese. Who would've thought, no? Well, apparently, me. And, as I entered the classroom and saw the vast multitudes (eh, 15) of singkits in the room, I thought I was doomed from being immersed in a pool of wa'is japanese people taking intro to Japanese for an easy A. Imagine my relief when I found out first hand that Korean =/= Japanese. Yay! Another possible primordial pool of complaints and funny stories!
3. Geriatrics, compromises and TV/Movies in general.
To be honest, I'm not that thrilled about my Physics class. People say that my professor's not... exactly the best. Oh well. What got me is that I could've just as easily have signed up for this other class where the professor apparently is from UCSB (University of California, Santa Barbara, for those of you with no fake tans and bleach blonde hair) and is a h.u.g.e.* step above my professor who, for mnemonic purposes, the student body has apparently named "old turtle". It's ok though; Mr. UCSB, in his second week of instruction, is already starting to get some bad reviews, so I'm ok with not being in his class -- I'd rather be with a long-time threat about whom I can ask for advice from former students, than some new, avant garde grade-killer whom no one knows about. I'll settle with my old teacher, then (oooh look at the thickness of that statement)
Oh, and remember (well you probably don't, but still) how my old econ teacher gave me slight Richard Gere vibes from way back when Richard Gere wasn't all creepy yet? Well this semester, I have encountered 2 TV/Movie like teachers.
My film studies teacher is a total movie-buff-instead-of-food-buff counterpart of Sookie St. James from Gilmore Girls, and totally deserves expounding on in some other blogpost, and the physics-teacher-whom-I-failed-to-sign-up-for-but-he-came-from-UCSB-but-he's-starting-to-get-bad-reviews-so-it's-not-that-bad looks like Chris Evans...
...in a fictional universe where beauty and smartness are perfectly inversely proportional, and wherein he is the learned-professor counterpart of Chris Evans, that is.
Eh.
4. short pitches toward my shows:
If any of you watch Hell's Kitchen, please join me in cheering for Kevin. Kevin Cottle, I think, though I can't be sure because I refuse to be a stalker fangirl-fan to that degree.
If any of you watch TrueBlood, then please join me in cheering for Eric, Godric and Jessica.
Oh, and all of y'all had better watch Glee!
hrmm... let's see... yeah, I think that's a good end of this entry. I figure the library computers were meant for higher purposes than blogging (although either person adjacent my seat are both on facebook. so, there's productivity for you.)
For your patience, commitment and resolve to get to the end of this blogpost, I reward you with a youtube video that will definitely steal all the attention away from what I so dutifully wrote down:
yes, that was a flying sea lion baby.
*what's the longest word? smiles. because there's a mile between the S's. (yay for jokes from my childhood (bigger yay for being able to legitimately say that now!))
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ugh. differentials.
and about all the moviestar teachers. maybe you're just experiencing outgroup bias (like you know how you thought koreans = japanese) harharhar *pathetic excuse to apply stuff i learned from psych lest i become unable to retrieve them out of disuse* REINFORCEMENT!GOALS!O.C.E.A.N.!TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL!
Post a Comment