Saturday, November 8, 2008

Best Study Philosophy ever*

Last thursday was a taxing day for me. I had two classes, and for both those classes, I had to take midterms. I think I'm being modest when I say that Chem and Pre-calc math are not necessarily my waterloos, but it just so happened that we were taking midterms focusing on topics I particularly dreaded for both: Molecular models (Lewis structures) and Trigonometry. I'm not sure how I did, exactly (I do feel, however, that I did miles better in math than in Chem. stupid carelessness), but I do know that I discovered one of the best study philosophies ever:

DON'T STUDY.


This was, you don't invest any time on the test. If you get a relatively high score, then you can attribute your grade to your innate knowledge, lecture retention or whatever. And, in the event that you get an epicfail 17% or other, you can chalk it up to your not having studied. This way, you neither get the 'reassurance' of your stupidity, nor the possibly wasted time you spent on studying when it wouldn't have helped, anyway.


Of course, there is one disclaimer to this philosophy, why is the reason why I put an asterisk on the title of this blog entry. This philosophy only works if your care more about your adolescent, pubescent, volatile ego more than your actual permanent college transcript.

cheers!

2 comments:

notsovictor said...

this was a slap in the face for someone who just started studying like he never has in his life.

im so screwed with our chem. its like first lesson: nuclear transformations. me: i dont even know what valence electrons are anymore *headdesk*. so because im foreseeing gazillions of hours spent background studying for actual chem lessons, i have this new theory of creating a "time buffer" - i study for all my other classes in advance (complete with textbook readings and notemaking) so that i can save enough time for chem.

CHEM FUCKING RUINS THE ORDER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Anonymous said...

this is going to be a painfully, and I mean PAINFULLY juvenile reply:

"if your mother and father had no CHEMISTRY, then you would have never been born. tut tut.