Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Early leavers and 'steadfast' students

I discovered today two types of students I hold no sympathy for, and who annoy me to no end. The first is the early leaver. The student who not only looks back at the clock to check the time every two minutes, but leaves the exact moment the minute of the "end of class" strikes. Now, this may be because I was brainwashed in my 12 or so years of uptight schooling, but I've always assumed that as a sign of respect, and as a sign of being able to catch the last drops of a lecture (which for some reason, are always dealbreakers, anyhow), one should never leave class until a teacher dismisses it.

However, I do realize the fact that I am in a different system now, and as such, there are no more bells nor "good bye ms/mr/mrs _____"'s to usher a formal exodus from the room. And I don't particularly mind. What bothers me about these early leavers is that they make such a commotion of going out of the classroom, and just cause such a ruckus that it prevents me from being able to pack up well, and from being able to catch the last dregs of a lecturer's instruction; seeing as how s/he is given to the futility of his/her excercise.


That's not as annoying as the second type of student, though. Those steadfast students who would go to unnecessary and detrimental lengths to not miss school, or to not be late. These can be divided to two categories. The first are those who come to school in pambahay clothes, because (I assume) they woke up late and can't bear the though of being late. The other, and the ones I dislike the most, are those who come to school when sick. Sure, we (nerds) have all done it, but as a general rule, WE DON'T COUGH ON OTHER PEOPLE.

self-explanatory, yes?

*koff, koff*

ugh, stupid classmate probably got me infected, as well. But God knows I'll still be going to class tomorrow though. The difference between us will be that I'll cover my mouth and be discrete when I cough. No need to suffer gale-force winds with your pathogen riddled expulsions.

kntxbai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AH HATE SICK PEOPLE COMING TO SCHOOL. I bet that's how i got sick A WEEK BEFORE EXAMS. 0_0