Then again, I hardly consider myself a martyr, seeing as how I resonated SO WELL with this secret from postsecret this week (tangential note: the new book is coming out this year, and there's still time to send in a secret! I really want to, but am afraid to... oh god. I hate myself sometimes. haha). here it is:
(isn't this just lovely? every ounce true, too)Even in light of this glaring contradiction between charity (or what I believe it to be) and meanness, everything still falls into the category of 'me'. Even my almost-pedantic beliefs in relationships in general and how they should go about, coupled with my inexplicable desire for spontaneity, and, well, for what's not-the-norm insofar as many things go (including my beliefs in my specific relationships) are so characteristically me that no matter what I do, I ultimately end up serving some descriptive aspect of myself.
Therefore, sseeing as how misguidedly altruistic, and discreetly belligerent I can't help but be, I've made some kind of informal decision to not have to spread my genes to future generations (I can almost hear the mocking laughter of A and A' (yes, A-prime. haha, too many people's name start with A's) when they tell me, and I quote: 'you say that now, pacificism'). However, if I were to have children (a daughter, specifically), I would definitely not name her Briony (although I might, if I were feeling particularly spiteful at the time of birth).
I've given in to notsovictor's praising of Atonement, the novel, and I saw it at Costco the other day for $9.00, so I just had to buy it (I don't like borrowing books at the library). It is as good as he is praising it to be, despite the fact that I am only on the 150++ page so far. Haven't seen the movie, and I don't intend to until I finish the book. However, I do know that I have a major dislike for the character Briony. With the exceptions of Juliet (Romeo and Juliet), almost all the characters of Coelho, Bella (from Twilight), and some other characters I can't remember right now, she's probably the most tragically sad characters I've read in a while.
I simply dislike her, and am amused at the idea of slapping her accross the face.
So this entry has no cohesion- it (undeniably) has segues as smooth and unbroken as your cheek (which I am contemplating slapping right now). And that is just painfully me.
4 comments:
Don't worry. I can totally relate. I feel like smacking people across the face nearly everyday. Nyahahaha.
ahhh ur reading Atonement??! One of the greatest books I've ever read and the movie is just as good! And yes, Briony is beyond aggravating...if I ever met someone like her in real life I'd probably cry
heehee.
woot for atonement love.
isnt mcewan's writing just so rich? it's almost sensual.
and double woot for briony loathing.
while you'd slap her in the face, i'm much more inclined, as you know, to kicking her *squarely* in the balls.
sincerely-john: don't you just? Its so much funner than gutpunching, cuz they can actually have a wtf-face after you slap them. gutpunching just results in boring loss of consciousness.
Steph: mm, I wouldn't cry... I'd do my damned best to make her cry though, which brings me to...
notsovictor: balls which we're sure she has. If not, a rake in the love-tunnel would suffice as well.
Post a Comment