Sunday, March 15, 2009

a collection of shallow topics...

...to start the spring break.

1.) In justifying the timeliness of this piece, I will open by saying that no, I am not going to some exotic (read: mexican) beach resort for spring break. Nor will I be travelling home, or to some nearby beach. But it's ok. I have an undesirably low affinity for water, and have been spoiled by Philippine beaches. I don't think NorthAmerican waters can ever compare. ever.

2.) Waistcoats (and fedoras): I'm over them.

Don't get me wrong, I own a waistcoat too, which I would love to wear outside of the super stiff baptism-wedding-funeral formal guidelines. But seriously... waistcoats and fedoras? they're quite overdone and tiresome to see already. Also, waistcoat and fedora do not a fashionable outfit make. Especially if your waistcoat is just the plain black wool one, and your fedora looks... well... cheap, and you don't have anything else to back it up.

For now, the new 'rage' seems to be bowties, cardigans and ties-made-into-ribbons... not sure how this will pick up with the mainstream trend, but good god... waistcoats and fedoras?! ugh.


I don't know what it is with me, but I don't like several fashion movements. One of them being, yes, waistcoats and fedoras. But other than that, I have not, in its 10 year lifespan, come to appreciate big bulky shoes, baggy almost-anything's, and obscene bling. I just find the looks either too pretentious or too slipshod.

That being said, though, I think that the way to workkit is to have the attitude to match. I'm ok with the baggy looks on people who can carry it. What I don't like are, pardon the stereotyping and racism, for example, scrawny asian kids wearing (and trying to talk) black by wearing those things.... really.... And likewise, people who mess up waistcoats and fedoras.

Maybe that's my problem... fashion going mainstream makes people who can't "carry" the looks well think they can.

or something... I probably just have a problem.... sorry for the negativity, on to the next topic!

3.) powdered donnettes... You know, the small donuts with nothing special about them except for the tons upon tons of confectionaires sugar dumped on top...


HEAVEN SENT I TELL YOU.

4.) I am reality show crazy. Make Me a Supermodel, Amazing Race 14, ANTM (when I can catch it)... I haven't seen this much TV since I got over the fact that we had 200+ channels 0_0

5.) speaking of T.V., I have found the perfect solution to a sad day. Watching either The Soup or Chelsea Lately really make me happier inside.... It softly carresses the mean bone I have inside which I tend to neglect.

and lastly:

THE BEAUTY OF ENTROPY:

remember that girl in econ class whom I don't like? (I will check back later to see if I have the story up here) Well, last Wednesday, just to sort of get back at her AND to introduce chaos the meeting before spring break, I decided to come to class early and sit in her seat. When she came in she gave me this look which tried to say "imma cut you bitch" and she was trying so hard to be fierce and "ferosh"

And I didn't flinch. Gurl got no fierceness in her! Sincerely-john's seriously much more mean, and his blog on the sidebar's entitled "optimism that can kill you"

It felt quite good to get back at her like that.

Ohmigod... I miss being mean that way I was in highschool... Not that I particularly wish to go back to being like that, though. It was, as my cousin told me later that day, so highschool, and should be left as such.

But still, it felt good staring her down.


Happy Spring Break Everyone!

1 comment:

notsovictor said...

omg the soup and chelsea lately.

^:)^

i wanna see chelsea's pikachu XD